dance in style with professional dance shoes!
Professional dance shoes are an essential piece of equipment in every dancer’s wardrobe. With so many options available on the market, we know how confusing it
might be to get the right pair for your needs and your liking! The most important things to keep in mind while looking for professional dance shoes are the type of shoes as obviously they need to be the right ones for the dance style you like, they also need to look elegant and be comfortable without having to sacrifice one for the other.
Why do you need professional dance shoes?
Ever wondered how professional dancers you see in live shows or on TV move so gracefully even while executing the most difficult moves? Well of course they are professional dancers so we are talking about years and years of experience and training, but it is also thanks to their professional dance shoes! Regardless of the dance style, professional dance shoes are designed specifically to help dancers upgrade their dancing skills, as they have to be comfortable and fit perfectly (very essential features!), also the materials need to be flexible and lightweight to help dancers execute even the trickiest moves with ease.
Professional Ballet Shoes
You might have been told that it is okay to do your Ballet class wearing only socks! While it is possible, you should also know that socks won’t give you a proper grip and might cause you to slip while trying to learn some of the foot positions. That is why a pair of Ballet shoes or slippers are essential for every Ballet dancer and Ballerina.
To get the perfect pair you need to make sure that:
- The shoes are a perfect fit as they tend to be smaller than your usual size.
- Choose the material that suits you better. Leather ones are more durable!
- Choose between split and full-soles; the latter is best for beginners.
Once you are done with the above steps, all that is left to do is choose the color and style that you like better!
Professional Tango Shoes
Whether you are a beginner or a professional Tango dancer, there are some important things you need to make sure your shoes have (besides the fact that they match your outfit!):
- The height of the heels needs to be reasonable, we all like how glamorous we look in high heels, but for beginners, you need to go for the smallest ones in order to enjoy your experience.
- The shoes must fit perfectly, and for Tango shoes, it is normally the same as your usual size, you can always check the brands’ charts for more accurate sizing.
- Open or closed heel? Beginners usually opt for closed heels to get more support, however, there are also some that choose the open heels for more room to maneuver.
And lastly don’t give up the comfort over the looks, even though you fell in love with those mesmerizing red heels that are a bit too tight or too loose, trust me it is not worth it!
Professional Latin Shoes
By now, I think we all know the first important thing your shoes need to have is a perfect and snug fit, and Latin shoes are no different concerning this point!
Whether you like Salsa, Bachata, Samba, Merengue, or any other type of Latin dance, a professional pair of Latin shoes is a must, and to get the proper ones, you need to:
- Choose between open or closed toes, the open ones are more appropriate to rhythm dances, such as Salsa and Rumba, while the closed toes are for smooth dances.
- Just like the Tango shoes, the heel height is essential, better go with the smaller heels for beginners.
- Choose suede soles for your shoes as they give more balance and control.
If you are on the hunt for a pair of professional Latin shoes, you can take a look at the beautiful collection offered by Pro Dance Shoes with various options suitable for beginners and professionals alike, you will for sure find the right pair for you!